I finished the second-to-last of my thank-you yarn this week. Woo:

sj3

This batch was actually supposed to be the last one, because Sara told me to leave hers for last. But the real last batch has been delayed due to two different, completely unrelated dyeing snafus. The first half of the fiber has been spun for several weeks…it’s waiting patiently on the bobbin. When I went to dye the second half of the fiber (my second attempt), this is what I saw:

mer-bamboo

Hmmm.

Long story short, I purchased superwash merino, but it has a bonus fiber included. The fiber that remained undyed is (we think) bamboo. I’m spining it to see if it works into my color scheme, but if it doesn’t seem appropriate, I’m spinning this last patient donor some silk.

Advertisements