You are currently browsing the monthly archive for October 2005.
I started cozy last weekend, for my husband’s grandmother.
I’m not sure I can stick with it for a zillion inches…I may have to change it up a little. Also, I’m using WoolEase, so it’s not super scrunchably soft…but I just can’t make her something that’s not machine washable. Won’t work. Couldn’t find anything sufficiently cozy that didn’t require special care.
Also — yes, I’m skipping FO numbers. The missing FOs will remain in my draft folder until after Christmas!
So it was only a matter of time:
(Fiber Trends childrens’ clogs, size extra-small, knit with one strand of WOTA, on US6 needles. So freakin’ adorable, if I do say so myself.)
At last!! Really, the knitting just took a few days. I just put off sewing the collar and the buttons for *eons*. While this was on the needles I thought it was gonna turn out kinda ghetto, but I really, really like it on. If I could do it again I’d make the sailor collar a widge longer and four stitches wider…but all in all I’m pleased. It does need a simple edge on the bottom (pick up then bind off) but I’m couting it as done since I wore it to church this morning.
The boring stuff:
Zip-Front Cardigan with ribbed sailor collar. No pattern — just me and my measuring tape and that crazy KMW.
Knit in some mystery cone yarn I got on eBay, 55% wool, 45% acrylic. The photo makes it look grey, but it’s actually a natural/loden green tweed-ish yarn. Bulky weight. Knit on 16″ and 24″ US13 needles.
Started 9/08, finished 10/15.
I have finished Hell’s Poncho, and lived to tell the tale.
Actually, it’s not done yet — there are supposed to be little flowers embroidered on the purple part. But they’re blocked and give-able, and the party’s tomorrow. I’ll just have to snatch them back for a few days…
The boring stuff:
Flower Power Ponchos from Nicky Epstein’s Barbie Doll and Me
Knit in Knitpicks Merino Style (Petal, Asparagus, Rhubarb, and Iris) on US6 needles.
Pattern modifications: I wanted to make the poncho for an American Girl doll instead of a Barbie, so instead of using lighter weight yarn for the doll’s poncho, I used the same weight as the girl’s. Worked out perfectly.
Started 8/20, finished 10/09, (all but the embroidery, that is).
Obviously, I really like this scarf pattern. Ironic, because I’m not a fan of scarves in general. Before these three, I’d only knitted two scarves, and they bored me to tears and I swore never to make another scarf. I’ve always thought of scarves as something to “get past,” I guess…not something I’d actually look forward to knitting. So, totally surprising that I would voluntarily PAY for this pattern (I don’t usually buy loose patterns either), and knit it three times in a row.
It looks all fuzzy and stuff, partly because it’s not blocked yet (obviously). But when you hold it up to the light, you can see the pattern: